Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Glimpse Into Heaven


As we stood in a circle praying before we left, their beautiful brown-toned skin clasped our pale white hands. The horns of jeepneys and music from the food vendors below seamlessly vanished, leaving only the voices of two nationalities lifting up their cries to the Lord. English, Tagalog...it didn't matter. The Holy Spirit was moving in that upstairs church building, and I suddenly felt my eyes fill with tears. The last 'amen' was said, we gave our goodbyes, gathered our luggage, and headed to the airport to begin the trip home.
____________________________________

This was just one of the wonderful memories I will carry away with me from my trip to the Philippines. I believe the Lord has shown me a very tiny glimpse of what Heaven will be like one day.

Rev. 7:9-10 'After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.'

I think it's easy, at least for me, to get trapped into having an American mindset, rather than a proper world view - one that includes all nations and ethnic groups.

It's not something I intentionally set out to do. But, if I stop and think about it, I'm around the same type of people every day. We are Americans. I eat with them. I work with them. I go to church with them. And I love them.

I am grateful to God for allowing me to be born in the United States. But Christ died for the world, not just America. (John 3:16)

When God talks about the harvest being ready, those are not just lost souls in Cumming, Georgia. There are people all across this globe needing the salvation that can only come from having a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

And the exciting news is that Christ will save anyone who comes to Him by faith. American. Filipino. They are all precious in our Creator's eyes.

I'm thankful that, despite being in the Philippines for just a very short time, God allowed me to meet and fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ. It was amazing to me that, despite our obvious physical and cultural differences, the bond we share in the Lord was strong enough to overcome them all.

As I sat on the plane scribbling down my thoughts, only a few hours away from arriving back home, I feel like I have left a piece of me in the Philippines. Lord willing, we plan to go back next year. But my prayer is that no matter where the Lord takes me, I'll be reminded of my duty as a Christian to carry the Gospel message to the world. And I am encouraged knowing I have new friends half way across the globe who share this same desire and who, I believe, will be with me one day in eternity praising and worshipping our Lord and Savior together!

Ang Panginoon Ay Karapat-dapat Sa Lahat Ng Kapurihan!






















No comments:

Post a Comment